Saturday, March 2, 2013

Spotlight Saturday: Marie De La Rosa



 
I was thinking about all the great people that I've met in the writing world: from talented authors, to amazing bloggers, and creative graphic designers. I thought this would be an awesome way to get to know everyone on a more personal level and I thought each week I can feature one awesome individual on my blog!

My first featured Author is Marie De La Rosa!


Here's just a little about Marie to get us started:

Marie De La Rosa holds a degree in Graphic Design and has returned to college in hopes of obtaining a degree in Criminal Justice. With a passion for reading and writing, she excelled in Advanced Placement classes during high school but always considered writing a hobby up until now. Marie is perhaps more well known for her reviews on the Paranormal Reads and Lunar Haven Reviews & Designs book blogs.

Marie is currently working on her debut YA Paranormal novel Resisting Fate, book one in The Right of Blood Series. The series is set to be released in 2013.

When not reviewing or working on Graphic Design projects, Marie can be found at her day job, out and about with a camera in her hand, or working to finish her book. Look for more information to come in the future.

Now to get down to the nitty gritty!

1. Do you like to plan out what you’re writing or do you go with the flow?
I like to outline stuff first but at the same time go with the flow since new ideas come to me as I continue to write.

2. Who is by far your favorite character in all of your books? Why is this character your favorite?
This is going to be my debut book, so far it is between Neoma and Huntir, though I love my main character the personalities of Huntir and Neoma are actually characteristics from people closest to me in my life. Araina however will always be also in the top three as we will see her grow in the series.

3. Where do you write and what is your routine while writing?
In a place I won't get distracted too easily but I love to write while listening to music, as if I'm making a soundtrack to the book as it is being written.

4. How are you able to balance your writing and other aspects of your life?
 Time management, a skill that was taught to me while in school and is still coming in handy as a writer.

5. Where do you get your inspiration from?
My dreams in this case, the idea just sorta showed itself to me. And once I had the idea I had to go with it, I couldn't leave it there with no outlet.

6. Which author do you admire the most and why?
I can't really choose one, there are so many talented authors out there and each has their own technique or trait that stands out to make them their own, they are each inspiring in their own way.

7. What do you do when a story doesn’t seem to pan out?
Go back to the drawing board and try again. Try until you succeed.

8. What are you currently working on now?
My debut novel - Resisting Fate and it is book one in The Right of Blood series.

9. Who would you say is your biggest fan?
As of right now perhaps my editor since she is the one who has gotten to read most of what I have.

10. What is your favorite thing about being a writer?
Having the freedom to be creative and create these stories where people can find themselves getting lost in alongside the characters.


I'd like to thank Marie so much for taking the time out to answer my questions! I seriously can't wait for Resisting Fate to come out!
For more information on Marie De La Rosa and all her upcoming work, check out the sites below, you'll be glad you did! :o)



No comments:

Post a Comment